The Universal Pension Scheme for the people of Bangladesh has been announced. Prime Minister Sheikh Hasina will inaugurate this program officially today.
“On January 24th, the ‘Universal Pension Management Bill 2023’ was approved in the parliament, aiming to provide pensions for all citizens. According to the bill, individuals aged between 18 and 50 will contribute at a fixed rate and will be entitled to receive a lifelong pension after turning 60 years old.”
How to register for Pension Scheme
Who want this pension opportunity can easily apply through registration. Let’s see how to register for Pension Scheme.
At first, Visit https://upension.gov.bd/Public/Registration this link.
Then you will see some conditions like-
- I am not employed in a government / semi-government / autonomous / state-owned institution.”
- I do not receive pension benefits from any form of government / autonomous institution under the Universal Pension Scheme.”
- “I do not receive any form of allowance within the scope of the social safety program.”
- Select Scheme- প্রবাস (প্রবাসী বাংলাদেশি)/ সমতা (স্বল্প আয়ের ব্যক্তি) /সুরক্ষা (স্বকর্ম ও অ-প্রাতিষ্ঠানিক কর্মী)/ প্রগতি (বেসরকারি কর্মচারী/প্রতিষ্ঠান)
- Then provide your valid NID number.
- Enter the Correct Birth Date.
- Type active Mobile Number for OTP
- And Enter your Mail
After complete given this information finally hit on ‘Next Page’ button.
- Provide all information Correctly and Then Click Next Button
Fill up all information as your NID & Bank account. If you do any mistake by giving information then registration mark as unsuccessful.
After providing all information then complete the registration process.
This is the simple way to register Pension Scheme.